Over 250 total rewards advocates met in Manila this week to challenge our thinking in the age of agile. We checked our hardwired assumptions about pay, jobs, performance, AI, HR analytics and even insurance brokering. New approaches, models and mindsets were on the menu for two full days. In between it was all about relationship building.
Speakers and Topics
The Chairman for the Total Rewards Congress 2 was Mr. Federico “Freddi” R. Marquez Jr., DPM, CTRF, co-founder of ASEAN Total Rewards Institute, past president of Compensation Management Society of the Philippines.
The keynote address was given by Mr. Gerry Plana, President, People Management Association of the Philippines and CEO, Investors in People, Philippines.
Global speakers included
- Dr. Fermin Diez, Adjunct Faculty, Singapore Management University, on HR Analytics for All
- Lynette Ng, CEO of Talent Code Global and former head of Talent Management for Sanofi APJ, on AI-Powered Pay Decisions–Are We There Yet?
- Rosaline Chow Koo (CEO of CXA Group) on Breaking the Broker Mold–The CXA Story
- Yong Fei Tan of Willis Towers Watson, on Mapping the New Total Rewards Journey
- Tom Farmer, Managing Director, Freelance Total Rewards and owner/Co-founder of ASEAN Total Rewards Institute, on Shaky Pillars: Checking our Sacred Assumptions about Pay
The event featured fantastic local speakers from the Philippines, including
- Michelle Cordero-Garcia of Dexcom, formerly President, People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) on No Sugarcoating: What are the Realities of Total Rewards in the Philippines
- Eric del Castillo, HR Country Head, General Affairs and IT, Nissan Philippines, on Total Rewards in the age of Digitalization
- Susan la Chica of Willis Towers Watson on The Agile Employer: Innovating Benefits for an Evolving Workforce
- Drew Fernandez, VP Chief People Officer, Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines, on Building a Purposeful and Human-Centered Employee Value Proposition
- Beth Nasol, DPM, CTRF, SVP HR for Energy Development Corporation and President Compensation Management Society of the Philippines, with closing Call to Action: Innovate, Imagine, Revision!
Above all, the event gave everyone a chance to meet new friends and greet old friends, building relationships, learning and growing. After all, what could be more rewarding than being with your community and learning at the same time?